Friday, January 4, 2013

Do we really need to know?

This has nothing to do with books.  Shocker, since I've read like four since I decided I wanted to review books and have yet to do one. Whatever, my blog, I do what I wants.

I stopped at McDonald's tonight because I wanted hot chocolate.  I don't really go there much because the last few times I've gotten food from there I was disappointed.  They do however make a mean hot chocolate (even better when I get home and add peppermint mocha Kahlua to it).  So I'm ordering my hot chocolate and I notice that everything on the menu has the calorie count listed.  I did not need to know that my hot chocolate has 460 calories, but thanks for making me feel like a fat ass.  Is this the new norm? All all McDonald's doing this?  Like I said, I'm not there very often and and the off chance I do stop it's always at the same one.

I don't know about you, but if I decide I want to make a huge pig out of myself one night at eat a 20 piece chicken nugget by myself I don't need the guilt trip of knowing just how high the calorie count is.  I'm not going there because I'm in the mood to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment